We help registered nurses, midwives and healthcare assistants, both working and retired, when they’re suffering personal or financial hardship. This is often due to illness, disability, older age and domestic abuse.
We're a charity and we help people at no cost to them. There's no membership, we're not a union or insurance scheme. And it all starts with getting in touch.
If you don't know where to turn, you may be able to receive a grant from Cavell Nurses' Trust.
To see if you are eligible for a grant from Cavell Nurses’ Trust
You must be:
- A registered nurse or midwife, or
- A retired nurse or midwife or a former nurse or midwife who held a valid pin number at the time of retiring/leaving the profession, or
- A health care assistant/nursing auxiliary with 3 years experience of providing nursing care in a hospital or nursing home under the supervision of a registered nurse, or
- A retired or former health care assistant/nursing auxiliary with 3 years experience of providing nursing care in a hospital or nursing home under the supervision of a registered nurse.
- Currently living in the UK and have worked as a nurse, midwife or health care assistant in the UK.
- Be in financial hardship
- All applicants must have less than £4,000 in savings.
Please note: If you have been suspended or removed from the NMC register, please contact a member of our welfare team on 01527 595 999 or firstname.lastname@example.org before completing our application form.
Cavell Nurses’ Trust is unable to assist student nurses or student midwives.
How we can help
We can provide assistance with:
- Essential white goods
- Travelling expenses for attending medical treatment
- Mobility aids
- Home adaptations due to disability
- Rent deposits and removal costs
- Bankruptcy and Debt Relief Order fees
We are unable to provide assistance with:
- Private medical treatment fees
- Private education fees
- Nursing home fees
- Educational grants, study fees or course costs
- Legal fees
- Car purchase
If you think you are eligible for a grant, please complete the application form and submit some essential supporting documents such as; evidence of employment, proof of income, bank statements, a letter of support and any quotes/estimates for mobility aids, building repairs, etc.
If you would like to discuss your circumstances with one of our Welfare team, please call us on 01527 595 999
If you would like to talk to someone or discuss your circumstances, please call us on 01527 595 999.